Sarvodaya Day was Organized on the Last Day of Animal Welfare Fortnight
- 31 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On 30 January 2023, Rajasthan Animal Husbandry Department and Animal Mahatma Gandhi's martyrdom day was celebrated as Sarvodaya Diwas in the state under the joint auspices of Welfare Board.
- On this occasion, The Special Officer of the State Animal Welfare Board, Dr. Lal Singh said that the board will organize awareness programs at various places throughout the year to awaken the spirit of animal welfare among the common people.
- It is known that the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi is celebrated every year as Sarvodaya Diwas by the department and on this day, it is ensured with the help of various departments to prohibit the slaughter of animals and birds in the entire state.
- Dr. Lal Singh said that just as Mahatma Gandhi had dedicated his life to non-violence and all welfare, in the present context, it is necessary to follow the principle of 'live and let live' for the welfare of the entire human race.
- In the closing ceremony of animal welfare fortnight at a private school in Mansarovar, Jaipur, school children present there brought to life the pain caused to animals due to human torture.
- The children showed how human beings commit atrocities against animals while prioritizing their needs. On this occasion, children also displayed posters and slogans giving a message to stop atrocities against animals. At the same time, some students gave the message of compassion towards animals and motivating animal welfare through vocal poems.
- Present on this occasion, Dr. Yashpal, the veterinary doctor of the Animal Welfare Board, honored the students who presented posters, banners, poetry recitation and staged plays by giving them symbols and citations by the board.