Switch To Hindi
Sahitya Akademi Translation Award
- 30 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On December 29, 2022, the Sahitya Akademi announced the award for translation of the year 2022 in Hindi, Maithili and Konkani languages. Ratneshwar Mishra will be given the Maithili language award for his Maithili translation of Chaman Nahal's English novel 'Azadi'.
- The Sahitya Akademi translators will receive an engraved copper plaque and a sum of Rs 50,000 at a special function next year.
- Former chairman of the PG History Department of Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga. Ratneshwar Mishra is originally a resident of Purnea and currently lives in Patna. One of Mithila's famous historians, 77-year-old Dr. Mishra Akshar also makes serious interventions in the field of spiritual practice.
- Dr. Mishra's works include 'Modern Mithilak Historical Dimension' published in Maithili as well as 'Vinodanand Jha: Biography and Surroundings' in Hindi, 'Incredible Bihar', 'History of Purnia: 1722-1793' in English, 'Ninth Century Mithila: Finuks Survey of a Village'. are prominent.
- Apart from this, Maithili translations of Dr. Mishra's books 'Bhavabhuti', 'History of Tamil' and 'India's History' have also been published. He has also translated Acharya Surendra Jha Suman's Maithili novel ' Ugnak Dayadbad' into English.