Road Safety Committee to be Constituted in Every District of Uttarakhand
- 05 Apr 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
Recently, Uttarakhand Road Safety Nodal Officer Sudhanshu Garg said that a road safety committee would be constituted in each district of the state under the chairmanship of DM.
- These committees will be constituted as per the directions of the Road Safety Committee of the Supreme Court.
- In this, SP, CMO, XEN of PWD, representative of the ministry, project director of NHAI, EE of municipal corporation and representative of any social organization will be members, while officers of state highways will be member secretaries.
- This committee will prepare a road safety plan in every district, which will also include an emergency medical plan to deal with the situation of major accidents in the district.
- The meeting of this District Road Safety Committee will be held at least once in a month.
- Significantly, India is a signatory to the Brasilia Declaration, under which a target of reducing road accidents and fatalities by 50 percent till 2020 was fixed.