Rishikesh-Karnprayag Rail Project
- 17 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On August 16, 2022, Project Manager of Rail Vikas Nigam K. Omprakash Malgudi informed that Rail Vikas Nigam, engaged in the construction of Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail project, has covered 50 km. A long tunnel has been prepared. Total 125 km. 105 km of long track. The part will be inside the tunnels.
- Manager K. Omprakash Malgudi told that 125 km. The lengthy Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail project will have 80 gateways in nine packages, out of which about 50 entrances have been completed.
- He said that the site-specific spectrum study has been prepared by the experts of IIT Roorkee to deal with any disaster like earthquake, flood and fire. It has been tested by reputed experts from abroad.
- Poral stabilization has been done to avoid landslides. The tunnels have been designed keeping all the factors in mind. Environment, health and safety have been taken care of in all the packages. The tunnels are being made safe to avoid any kind of disaster.
- There will be a total of 17 tunnels in the Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail project. 16 Tunnels NATM (New Austrian Tunneling Method) and 14.70 km from Saur (Devprayag) to Janasu. The long tunnel is being constructed with TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine).
- Significantly, the work on the Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail project started from the year 2019. It is 125 km. It is a long project, in which 105 km. The railway line will be inside the tunnels. This project is being built entirely in the mountainous area from Rishikesh onwards to Karnprayag.
- A total of 17 tunnels are being constructed for this railway line. The length of these tunnels is 6 km. In addition, an evacuation tunnel is also being built parallel to them. In this project, 7 edit tunnels will be built, whose length is 4 km. Will be till