Resolution for Tobacco-free Uttarakhand
- 01 Jun 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- On the occasion of World No Tobacco Day in Uttarakhand on May 31, 2022, more than 5 lakh people pledged to abstain from tobacco.
- On this occasion, a state level programme was organized at Government Doon Medical College (GDMC), which was inaugurated by The Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Admiral (Retd),D. K. Joshi addressed as the chief guest.
- To create a tobacco-free society, the tobacco-free Uttarakhand programme is being run under which the state government has set a target of reducing the consumption of tobacco by 15 per cent by the year 2025.
- Under this programme, the state government has set a target to make two villages of each block tobacco-free.
- Speaking on the occasion, Uttarakhand Health and Education Minister Dhan Singh Rawat said that an awareness campaign is being carried out in different parts of the state under tobacco-free Uttarakhand.