Renewable Energy Conclave
- 04 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On March 3, 2023, renewable energy conclave was organized in Jaipur under the joint aegis of RRECL, Rajasthan State Power Transmission Corporation Limited and Economic Times.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that Rajasthan is at the first place in the country in the field of renewable energy due to the investment-friendly policies of the state government.
- He informed that investors are coming forward to set up wind power, hybrid plants and green hydrogen projects along with solar energy in the state. The state government is committed to manufacture the necessary equipment for renewable energy plants in Rajasthan itself so that along with environmental protection, employment can also be created at the local level.
- The Chief Minister said that Rajasthan has immense potential in the field of renewable energy. The country's largest solar park is in Bhadla (Jodhpur). Rajasthan has been given the National Energy Conservation Award in the year 2022 due to outstanding performance in renewable energy across the country and RRECL has been awarded by the Ministry of Renewable Energy at the national level.
- Mou's were signed between the state government and investors during the conclave. The MoU signed between the state government and Torrent Power Limited in the renewable energy sector create will bring investment of Rs 37,000 crore in the state and 6150 jobs.
- Apart from this, the MoU signed between Welspun New Energy Limited and the state government in the renewable energy sector provide employment to will bring an investment of Rs 50,000 crore in the state and 2250 people.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister launched the Energy Sectoral Portal. Through this portal, all information related to energy will be available in one place. Data of 11 departments is available on the portal and it has been created by the IT team of the Chief Minister's Office.