Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- 25 Jul 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On July 24, 2022, Uttarakhand Panchayati Raj Minister Satpal Maharaj informed that the Central Government has sanctioned Rs 135 crore to Uttarakhand for the year 2022-23 under the Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA).
- He said that the Union Panchayati Raj Minister was requested to sanction funds for the implementation of various schemes in the Panchayats. On this, the Central Government has approved an amount of 135 crores to the state under Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan.
- With this amount, 9 goals of sustainable development of Gram Panchayat will be fulfilled along with training, capacity development, excursions to three-tier Panchayat officials and employees. This will strengthen the three-tier panchayats.
- Minister Satpal Maharaj said that honorarium will be fixed for the kshetra panchayat members. Apart from this, guidelines will be issued for the expenses of panchayat representatives.
- One compactor each in 95 development blocks of the state, parking in district panchayat, construction of 200 panchayat buildings, computerization of 500 gram panchayats, additional rooms will be constructed in 100 panchayat buildings.
- Approval has also been given for one vacuum based cleaning machine in each district of the state for cleanliness. In the action plan of Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, provision has also been made to provide faculty for the already constructed state, district and block level Panchayat Resource Center.