Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club Scheme
- 20 Sep 2021
- 3 min read
Why in News
- On September 18, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched 'Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club Yojna' in the state during a function organized at his residence office and also released an amount of Rs 19.43 crore to the districts for the formation and operation of the club.
- Under this scheme, a total of 13,269 Rajiv Yuva Mitan Clubs will be formed in all the gram panchayats and urban bodies of the state in a phased manner. A grant amounting to Rs 132. 69 crore will be given to the clubs during the year.
- For Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club, Chhattisgarh government has made a provision of Rs 50 crore in the budget. Each club will be given one lakh rupees for conducting creative activities in a year at the rate of 25 thousand rupees every three months.
- The Chief Minister said that the Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club scheme was started to the former Prime Minister Bharat Ratna in the state of Chhattisgarh to realize the dream of late Shri Rajiv Gandhi’s youth India.
- Its objective is to carve out the young talents of the state, organize them and provide them with a suitable platform and use their energy in building a new Chhattisgarh.
- The Chief Minister said that youth power is an important capital for the development of the state. This is a revolutionary program to organize the youth power of the state and connect them with creative work. Through youth, it will help to advance the culture, environment, sports of Chhattisgarh and to reach the welfare schemes to the people and people will get its benefits.
- Sports and Youth Welfare Department Secretary N.N. Ekka said that Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club would be formed at ward level in Gram Panchayat and urban bodies. The club will be registered under the Firms and Societies Act. Each club will have 20 to 40 youth, aged between 15 and 40.
- A ministerial committee will be formed under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister for the implementation, supervision and guidance of the scheme. The chief secretary will be the chairman of the state level executive committee. Committees will also be constituted at the district and sub-division level. The ministers in charge of the districts will be the custodians of the district level committee.
- It is noteworthy that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had announced the formation of Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club at the closing ceremony of Chhattisgarh Youth Festival on January 14, 2020.