Karol Bagh | GS Foundation Course | 29 April, 11:30 AM Call Us
This just in:

State PCS

State PCS Current Affairs


Rajasthan

Rajasthan Rural Tourism Promotion Scheme

  • 21 Sep 2021
  • 3 min read

Why in News

  • On September 20, 2021, Chief Secretary Niranjan Arya directed to issue a clear advisory under the 'Rajasthan Rural Tourism Promotion Scheme' and strictly follow all the rules of the Forest and Environment Department on the buildings coming in eco-sensitive areas.

Key Points

  • In a meeting organized in the Government Secretariat regarding 'Rajasthan Rural Tourism Promotion Scheme', Chief Secretary Niranjan Arya said that due to promotion of tourism in rural areas, local handicrafts, handicrafts, dances and music would get wide publicity, besides giving wide publicity to the rural people. Chances of getting more and more employment opportunities will increase.
  • Gayatri Rathod, Principal Secretary, Tourism Department, said that the main objective of this scheme is to create investment and employment in rural areas as well as to protect and promote handicrafts and local products there.
  • Under the 'Rajasthan Rural Tourism Promotion Scheme', four units - guest house, agro-tourism unit, camping site and caravan park will be set up.
  • Under the guest house, tourists will get temporary accommodation and food facilities from 6 to 20 rooms in rural areas. Here the housing owner or manager will be required to live with the family.
  • Agro-tourism units can be established on agricultural, commercial and industrial land and a minimum 2 hectare area. Construction will be allowed on 20 percent of it, the remaining 80 percent of land can be used for camel-horse farm, cowshed, crop etc. rural environment.
  • Camping sites will be allowed on agricultural, commercial and industrial land. Construction will be allowed on 10 percent of the minimum area of 1 hectare and 80 percent can be used for camel farm, horse farm, crop, livestock, garden, rural environment.
  • Caraven parks will be set up for tourists to park mobile vans. It can be built on agricultural, commercial and industrial land of minimum 1 hectare area. Here cooking, eating and construction of facilities will be allowed for tourists. The presence of tourists in the van will be required while parking the Caravan vehicle.
  • All these tourism units will be allowed only on a road of at least 10 feet wide.
close
SMS Alerts
Share Page
images-2
images-2