- 23 Aug 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On August 22, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the ambitious 'Rajasthan Mission-2030' in the direction of making Rajasthan the leader of India in every field by the year 2030.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said at the inauguration ceremony of the mission at Birla Auditorium in Jaipur that every person's participation will be ensured in speeding up the state's progress 10 times.
- The state government will take advice and suggestions from 1 crore people for Rajasthan of their dreams. Based on these, the 'Vision-2030 Document' will be prepared and released.
- The Chief Minister interacted with experts, officials, non-governmental organizations, youth, women, students and the public in the programme. Everyone gave their expectations, ideas and suggestions for the progress of the state.
- Girls have made Rajasthan a leader in terms of women/girls' safety, expansion of Udaan Yojana, self-reliant economy, promotion of e-marketing, career-oriented training in schools and colleges, making maximum attendance of students mandatory in higher education, UPSC Many suggestions were given including the release of calendar of RPSC, promotion of agri-tourism, agri-farming.
- People's representatives, officers and common people from all 50 districts joined the VC. During this, the Chief Minister also announced the upgradation of Udaipur's Government Meera Kanya Mahavidyalaya to post-graduation.
- In the journey of vision document, suggestions and ideas will be taken through website mission 2030.rajasthan.gov.in, toll free number, video messages, contests, essay competitions. The Chief Minister himself will also interact with various stakeholders and experts. Programs will also be held at divisional and district level. Departmental officers will also have to give suggestions.
- Face to face surveys will be done by Rajiv Gandhi Yuva Mitra and Mahatma Gandhi Preraks. After this, first the departmental document will be issued, then the vision-2030 document of the state will be presented in front of the country under the leadership of Chief Minister Rajasthan Economic Reform Advisory Council. Wide public participation will be ensured in this.
- Planning Minister Mamta Bhupesh said in the program that participation of every person in Mission-2030 will be ensured. He said that at present the state has become a model state of the country with its welfare schemes and this progress will continue.
- Chief Secretary Usha Sharma said that Rajasthan has become the first state in various sectors including providing health insurance, opening maximum number of new medical sub-centres, PHC, CHC, medical colleges, new colleges, starting peace and non-violence department first in the country, OPS restoration, giving social security pension , solar energy, milk, wool, cereals, oilseeds, pulses, millet, gram production, giving maximum employment in Mahatma Gandhi NREGA, best in tourism sector, solving public shortage-prosecution, RTH, implementation of Gig Workers Welfare Act, Udaan scheme , Indira Rasoi Yojana, providing gas cylinders for Rs.500 etc
- Also, the state ranks second in the country in GDP growth rate of 11.04 percent. He said that with sensitive, transparent and accountable good governance, the state has created a unique identity by establishing new dimensions of development.