Switch To Hindi
Rajasthan Mahila Nidhi
- 26 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 25, 2022, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved an additional budget provision of Rs 25 crore for the establishment of 'Rajasthan Mahila Nidhi' for the financial management of self-help groups of the state.
- It is known that in the budget 2022-23 by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, it was announced to provide a contribution of Rs 50 crore in the next two years for the establishment of women's fund. This financial sanction has been given in pursuance of the said declaration.
- Rajasthan is the first state in North India where women's fund has been set up. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had launched the 'Rajasthan Mahila Nidhi' on August 26, 2022, on the occasion of Women's Equality Day.
- 'Rajasthan Mahila Nidhi' has been formed through Rajasthan Rural Livelihood Development Council (Rajivika).
- Through this fund, the women of the group will be easily able to get easy and adequate loans for daily needs, self-employment and income earning activities. This will make the women of the state financially empowered.
- Under this scheme, loans up to Rs 40,000 will be deposited in 48 hours and loans above Rs 40,000 will be deposited in the bank account of the group of members applied within a time frame of 15 days. At present, 2.70 lakh self-help groups have been formed in 33 districts of the state, in which 30 lakh families are associated.
- In the financial year 2022-23, 50 thousand self-help groups are proposed to be formed, in which about 6 lakh families will be connected. A total of 36 lakh families in the state will get benefit from Rajasthan Mahila Nidhi in a phased manner as per their requirement.