President Smt. Murmu presented 'Bhoomi Samman 2023'
- 19 Jul 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On July 18, 2023, President Smt. Draupadi Murmu presented 'Bhoomi Samman- 2023' to Dr. Sanjay Goyal, Secretary, Revenue & Commissioner Land Records of Madhya Pradesh and Collectors of 15 districts for outstanding performance in the field of land management & administration at a function held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- President Draupadi Murmu gave away awards to secretaries and 68 collectors of nine states at a felicitation ceremony organised by the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- On behalf of the State Government of Madhya Pradesh, Dr. Sanjay Goyal, Secretary Revenue and Commissioner Land Records and Chandrashekhar Walimbe, Additional Secretary received the award along with their team.
- In the field of Digital India Land Records modernization, Madhya Pradesh has secured the first position in the country in both state and district categories. This is an excellent example of coordination between the state and the central government, where 100% of the amount is provided by the central government, while the program is implemented by the state governments.
- Collectors of 15 districts of the state – Agar Malwa, Alirajpur, Anuppur, Bhopal, Guna, Harda, Indore, Khargone, Neemuch, Sidhi, Singrauli, Tikamgarh, Ujjain, Umaria and Vidisha were honoured with Bhoomi Samman certificates.
- These districts of Madhya Pradesh have been awarded Platinum Grading on 100% achievement in all components of Digital India Land Records Modernization Program. These components are the computerization of land records, digitization of land tax maps, computerization of registration, integration of registration with land records, linkage of land tax maps with land records and modern record rooms.
- The Digital India Land Records Management Programme is being run by the Department of Land Resources since 2008-09 with 100% central government funding. The main objective of the programme is to develop a modern, comprehensive and transparent land records management system for the convenience of the citizens.
- Under the programme, a monthly grading system has been implemented by them based on the data recorded on the MISs of the programme to reward the districts that have done well since January 2022. It offers Silver grades ranging from 90% to 95%, Gold from 95% to 99% and Platinum grades at more than 99% work efficiency.