President's Medal to Officers and Personnel of Home Guard and Fire Services in Uttarakhand
- 27 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on January 26, 2023, home guards and fire officers and employees in Uttarakhand were awarded the President's Medal.
- Home Guard officers have been awarded President's Distinguished Service Home Guard Medal and Meritorious Service Home Guard Medal, while fire officers have been awarded Fire Service Medal.
- These officers received medals -
- President's Distinguished Service Home Guard Medal - Amitabh Srivastava (Deputy Commandant General, Home Guard and Civil Defence), Rajiv Baloni (Deputy Commandant General, Home Guard and Civil Defence).
- President's Meritorious Service Home Guard Medal - Govind Singh Khati (Senior Administrative Officer Home Guard District (Almora), Rajpal Rana Unpaid Platoon Commander, (Chamoli).
- President's Fire Service Medal for Distinguished Service - Devendra Singh, Second Fire Officer (Rudraprayag), Pratap Singh Rana, Second Fire Officer (Haridwar).
- Fire Service Medal for Long and Meritorious Service - Shyam Singh, Leading Fireman, (Champawat), Dinesh Chandra Pathak, Leading Fireman (Bageshwar), Laxman Singh Negi, Leading Fireman (Udhamsingh Nagar).
- While ADG law and order V. Murugesan has been awarded the President's Police Medal for distinguished services. Apart from these, the recipients of Police Medal for Meritorious Service include ASP Chief Minister Security Rakesh Chandra Deoli, DSP Pauri Garhwal Shyam Dutt Nautiyal, DSP Haridwar Pankaj Gairola, Head Constable PAC Rudrapur Amir Chandra and Inspector Police Headquarters Girwar Singh Rawat.