PM Shri Yojana will Change the Face of 40 Schools of Gorakhpur
- 03 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On February 2, 2023, B.S.A. Ramendra Kumar Singh of Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh told that 40 schools in Gorakhpur district will be upgraded under the PM Shree Yojana.
- Ramendra Kumar Singh said that about two crore rupees will be spent on each school for better infrastructure. These will be developed as model schools. These include a secondary and other primary school.
- Two schools from each development block will be selected as model schools on the basis of marks obtained on various parameters.
- It is worth mentioning that a list of four schools from all development blocks has been prepared and sent from the Basic Education Department. Out of the total 80 schools of basic education, 40 will be selected under PM Shri and they will be upgraded.
- Under the New Education Policy-2020 in these schools, children will be taught with child pedagogy based curriculum according to their skills. Concepts like rain water harvesting, solar energy, solid and liquid waste organic farming, plastic free etc. will be developed.
- The PM Shri School Scheme is a central government scheme for the Pradhan Mantri Vidyalaya for Rising India (PM-SRI). In this, two schools will be selected from every block of the country and they will be developed as model schools. In the first phase, the scheme has been implemented for five years (2022-2027).
- Ramendra Kumar Singh said that on the basis of various parameters, only one school AD Girls Inter College has been fulfilled in the secondary schools in the district. Due to this, only AD Girls Inter College is named in the list sent to PM Shri.