PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' Program Started from Kirmach Village of Kurukshetra
- 30 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On January 29, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the 97th episode of 'Mann Ki Baat' program for the first time this year from village Kirmach Village of Kurukshetra in Kurukshetra, Haryana. In this, the Prime Minister gave many important messages, including the production of millets, deepening of democracy, extracting the best from e-waste.
- This time the 'Mann Ki Baat' program will be broadcast in Haryana, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Telangana, Etc. Tripura and Uttar Pradesh are directly connected. In this, farmer Dhumman Singh was selected from booth number 180 Kalu Patti of Kirmach Village of Kurukshetra, the only village from Haryana.
- At the event, the Prime Minister talked about the appreciation being made across the country for many new initiatives taken in the Republic Day celebrations, while also giving examples of people who have become interpurposed in coarse grains.
- The Prime Minister particularly spoke on coarse cereals, which are the major farming of Haryana. This has boosted the morale of farmers. His message will promote the cultivation of coarse grains.
- It is noteworthy that 'Mann Ki Baat' is a program broadcast on All India Radio, through which The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi addresses the citizens of India. The programme was first aired on 3 October 2014. In January 2015, US President Barack Obama had also attended the event along with him and replied to letters from the people of India.
- According to a statement by the Minister of Information and Broadcasting in the Rajya Sabha in July 2021, the main objective of the program is to 'engage with citizens on day-to-day governance issues'. This program is India's 'First Visually Enriched Radio Program'.