Phase III of 'Mission Shakti'
- 21 Aug 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On August 21, 2021, the third phase of 'Mission Shakti' was launched in a program organized in Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh. This phase of 'Mission Shakti' will be conducted till December 31, 2021.
- State Governor Smt. Anandiben Patel, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman participated in this program.
- During this program, online transfer of grant money was done in the account of eligible beneficiary girls under 'Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangal Yojana'.
- Apart from this, 75 women who made remarkable performances in the first and second phase of Mission Shakti were also honored.
- On this occasion, various programs including the inauguration of 'Mission Shakti Cell' in 59 thousand gram panchayats, foundation stone of Veerangana Avantibai Battalion's courtyard in Badaun were completed.
- It is to be known that for the safety, respect and self-reliance of women and girls, 'Mission Shakti' is being run by the state government.