Switch To Hindi
PDS Empowerment Fortnight Started in Jharkhand
- 03 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On February 1, 2023, after the order of Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren, the organization of PDS Empowerment Fortnight has been started to speed up the pace of providing ration cards to the needy beneficiaries who are deprived of their right to food. It will run till 14 February.
- Work related to Aadhaar improvement in ration card under PDS empowerment fortnight, action to remove name of one person registered in multiple ration cards, removal of name of dead persons in ration card, identification of beneficiaries receiving food grains from exception register, duplicate Aadhaar number Action is being taken for verification, physical verification of beneficiaries who have not lifted food grains for the last six months or more, food to the beneficiaries of Dal-Bhaat Center through Dal-Bhaat Apps and online to offline dealer.
- On the orders of the Chief Minister, not only PDS Empowerment Fortnight is being organized, but instructions have been given to make free Ayushman card through e-KYC of beneficiaries covered under Ayushman Bharat Mukhyamantri Jan Arogya Yojana. For this, from February 1 to February 15, 2023, a camp will be organized through Pragya Center and it will be ensured that the beneficiaries covered under Ayushman Bharat Mukhyamantri Jan Arogya Yojana get free Ayushman card through e-KYC.
- In this work, Sahiyas, ration dealers, women of self-help groups, maids and others will ensure that more and more eligible families are brought to the camp. All Pragya centers have been set a target of registering at least 50 eligible families every day.
- Sahiyas, ration dealers, women of self-help groups, volunteers and others will ensure that at least 15 people unable to get cards are taken to the Nikam Pragya Kendras every day.
- Block Development Officers will ensure necessary arrangements for organizing camps in all panchayats.