Patna's Four Government Superspeciality Hospitals will be Autonomous
- 31 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
According to the information given by the Health Department of Bihar on January 30, 2023, four government super speciality hospitals of the state will get autonomy on the lines of Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Giving autonomy to government superspeciality hospitals will reduce the dependence of these institutions on the government and develop the capacity to provide better treatment, educational activities, and development.
- The institutions to which the initiative has been taken to give autonomy include Indira Gandhi Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (IGIC), Rajendra Nagar Ophthalmology Hospital, New Gardiner Road Hospital and Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Orthopaedic Hospital, Shastri Nagar.
- Sources say that its draft is being prepared in the Health Department. First paperwork is being done, in which the department is defining super specialty hospitals.
- Apart from this, the power in autonomous institutions is being defined, so that the power to operate the institute will be assigned, in what manner the director will be appointed and how the board of directors of all these autonomous institutions will be formed, what will be the power of the board of directors and what will be the role of the director etc.
- After giving autonomy to these superspeciality hospitals, how will the appointment of specialists, appointment of staff, method of buying medicines, sanitation and outsourcing of security agencies be done. What will be the power of the institute to determine fees, such as patient registration, pathology, and radiology check-up, OPD fee or IPD fee? This fee will be charged from the patients or free treatment facilities will be given, etc. is being drafted.
- The DNB course will be conducted in all the four hospitals of the capital. Work has started at the departmental level by the Health Department on all these things, what will be the seat in the DNB course and what will be the arrangement for their training.