Panchayat Election, 2021
- 27 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 26, 2021, 65.23 percent voters exercised their franchise in the third and final phase of polling for Panchayat Samiti member and Zilla Parishad member in Alwar and Dholpur districts of Rajasthan.
- State Election Commissioner PS Mehra informed that in the third and final phase, polling was held for 167 wards of 7 Panchayat Samitis and their respective Zilla Parishad constituencies of Alwar and Dholpur districts of the state.
- In this phase, maximum voting took place in Kishangarh Bas Panchayat Samiti of Alwar district, where 69.98 percent voters cast their votes.
- There are 606 candidates in the fray for Panchayat Samiti members. The two districts together had a total of 7 lakh 76 thousand 284 voters, out of which 5 lakh 6 thousand 350 voters exercised their franchise.
- On October 20, 2021, 64.24 percent of the voters had voted in the first phase and on October 23, 2021, 57.46 percent of the voters had voted in the second phase.
- Counting of the above three phases will be done on October 29, 2021 at both the district headquarters. At the same time, the election of the head and head of the panchayats will be held on October 30, 2021 and the election of the up-pramukh and vice-pradhan will be held on October 31, 2021.