One Station One Product Scheme
- 25 Apr 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
In order to promote local arts and products, the Institute of Agricultural Consultancy and Rural Development launched the second temporary stall of 'One Station One Product Scheme' at Ranchi station under Ranchi Railway Division of South Eastern Railway (SER) on 23rd April, 2022. .
- Under the scheme, this stall operated at Ranchi Railway Station will display and sell hand woven bags, bamboo products and woven artifacts from April 24 to May 8.
- Under the 'One Station One Product Scheme', 15 stations of Ranchi Railway Division are to be selected where stalls have been opened to promote local arts and craftsmen.
- This is the second temporary stall at Ranchi Railway Station under the 'One Station One Product Scheme'. Earlier, a 15-day temporary stall of Jharkhand Silk Textile and Handicraft Development Corporation Limited (Jharcraft) was set up.
- Through the stalls, the passengers will be able to get information about the particular product at the railway station and will be able to buy it easily. This will increase local employment and promote the product.
- It is noteworthy that in view of the important role of Railways in promoting local products of different places, the 'One Station One Product' scheme was announced in the Union Budget 2022-23.
- This scheme was launched on March 25, 2022 at 19 stations of Indian Railways. After this it was extended to 69 more stations. After its success, this scheme is being implemented in a phased manner at 1000 railway stations across the country.