'One District One Product' Scheme
- 06 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala informed that all 22 districts of the state have got approval from the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries for the 'One District One Product' scheme.
- All 22 districts have their own products related to agriculture, horticulture, milk, poultry, etc. sector, which will be promoted by the government by providing financial and technical assistance under this scheme. This will give full benefit to the farmers, micro-entrepreneurs and agricultural exports will also increase in the state.
- The approved products in these districts include Onion in Ambala district, Sweet lime and Citrus fruits like Lemon, Orange etc. in Bhiwani-Fatehabad-Mahendragarh, Cucumber, Cucumber, Melon, Pumpkin, Watermelon etc. in Charkhi Dadri-Rohtak-Faridabad, will be promoted.
- Similarly, branding of amla in Gurugram district, guava in Jhajjar, poultry in Jind, green leafy vegetables in Karnal, potato in Kurukshetra, tomato in Nuh-Palwal, ginger in Panchkula, milk and milk products in Hisar-Kaithal will be done.
- Similarly, Carrot in Panipat district, Mustard in Rewari, Kinnu in Sirsa, Matar in Sonipat and Mango in Yamunanagar will be given a new identity.
- Dushyant Chautala said that the government will connect every block with its own product with an industrial vision for maximum promotion of small industries in rural areas. For this, the government is working on the scheme of 'One Block One Product' and soon industries of different products will be encouraged in all the blocks like 'One District One Product'.