Switch To Hindi
ODOP Mall in Varanasi
- 21 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On December 20, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Industries Joint Commissioner Umesh Kumar Singh said that instructions have been given to prepare a plan for the construction of a Four-Storey ODOP (One District One Product) Mall at Chandpur Industrial Institute in Varanasi.
- The ODOP Mall is proposed in a park spread over an area of about two acres at Chandpur Industrial Institute in Varanasi.This park used to have coal storage for industries and there was also a plan to build a flatted factory here.
- Due to the ODOP Mall being in the city, there will be better transport facilities here. This will provide relief to weavers, craftsmen in freight.
- Umesh Kumar Singh said that the Industries Department will give space to weavers, artisans and exporters on lease in ODOP Mall. By paying a lump sum amount, weavers and artisans will be able to stay there for a long time. This will relieve the hassle of frequent changes in the cost of rent etc.
- The construction of ODOP Mall will encourage the business of silk products, Meenakari and wooden toys. Saree traders of Chowk area of Varanasi will get the most benefit of the mall.