‘Nyaya Janata Ke Dwar Abhiyan’
- 18 Sep 2021
- 4 min read
Why in News
- On September 17, 2021, on the guidelines of the National Legal Services Authority, the Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority launched 'Nyaya Janata Ke Dwar Abhiyan' across the state.
- Starting the campaign, two Legal Aid Clinic buses were flagged off by all the judges of the High Court including Acting Chief Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra from the Chhattisgarh High Court Complex, Bilaspur. These buses will reach the remote areas of the state and make people aware about justice.
- Apart from the High Court premises, one legal aid clinic bus has been dispatched in each district with a special team. This team will go to at least 100 villages to make people aware of justice.
- On this occasion, Justice Mishra said that this special campaign is being run by the Department of Justice, Government of India. Its purpose is to create awareness among people about justice in village-village and make them aware of their rights.
- Under this, information about justice and the legal field will be given to illiterate people through short films at various public places like Haat Bazaar, so that they can become aware of their rights and go to courts themselves to get justice.
- During more than 100 camps, information will be given especially about all those important laws which are necessary for a healthy society. These include good touch bad touch, rights of children living in hostels, motivation to participate in sports, awareness of cyber crime, being aware of cyber law.
- Along with this, information will be given on many topics like the law of drink and drive, the law on the ban on fetal testing, the seriousness of the POCSO Act, the rights of women at the workplace and the right to equal pay.
- Apart from this, information about Lok Adalats to be set up in the state for legal aid and settlement of complaints by mutual agreement will also be given and appeals will be made to take advantage of Lok Adalat camps for settlement of disputes.
- At the village level, information about the law related to domestic violence will be given under the 'Hamaar Angana Yojana'. Under the 'Duty Campaign', awareness will be made about Article 51 of the Constitution.
- MSCT matters, New Acts of Motor Vehicle Act, rights of senior citizens and parents to protect against coronavirus, provisions of section 125 CrPC, Legal Services Authority Act, utility of Permanent Lok Adalat and toll free number of NALSA 15100 Information will be given about Awareness will also be made to get information through YouTube channel of NALSA.