Notification issued for formation of Directorate of Handicrafts & Handlooms
- 26 Aug 2023
- 2 min read
Why is News?
On August 24, 2023, Industry and Commerce Minister Shakuntala Rawat said that for the implementation of the Rajasthan Handicrafts Policy 2022, a notification has been issued for the formation of the Directorate of Handicrafts and Handlooms by the Industries and Commerce Department.
- The headquarters of the Directorate of Handicrafts and Handlooms will remain at Jodhpur.
- With the formation of the Directorate of Handicrafts and Handlooms, it will be easy to revive the extinct traditional handicrafts in the state and new employment opportunities will be available in the field of handicrafts.
- Industry and Commerce Minister said that according to the intention of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, work will be done in a planned manner for the economic upliftment and development of handicraftsmen and handloom weavers of the state.
- Along with this, along with arranging better marketing for the products, help will be given to the artisans and weavers to make them exportable.
- With the smooth operation of the directorate, the products will be recognized at the international level and the state's participation in the export of these products will also increase.
- Important events, decisions and works will be done according to the action plan for the upliftment of handicraftsmen and handloom weavers in the state.