Newly Appointed Chief Justice Vipin Sanghi took Oath
- 30 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On June 28, 2022, Uttarakhand Governor Lt. Gen Gurmeet Singh administered the oath to the newly appointed Chief Justice of Uttarakhand Justice Vipin Sanghi at the Raj Bhavan.
- Speaking on the occasion, State Chief Secretary Dr. S.S. Sandhu read out a notification on behalf of the President of the country to make Justice Vipin Sanghi the Chief Justice of uttarakhand high court.
- It is to be noted that on May 17, 2022, the Supreme Court Collegium had recommended the appointment of Justice Vipin Sanghi, a senior judge of the Delhi High Court, as the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court. Vipin Sanghi has taken oath as the 12th Chief Justice in place of former acting Chief Justice of Nainital High Court Sanjay Kumar Mishra.
- Justice Vipin Sanghi was born on October 27, 1961 in Nagpur. He did his schooling in Delhi and passed Inter from Delhi Public School in 1980 and BSc Mathematics (Hons) from Delhi University in 1983 and then LLB from Delhi University Law Faculty. In the same year he joined the Delhi Bar Council as a lawyer.
- Sanghi was also appointed as a Central Government Panel Counsel in the Supreme Court. In December 2005, he was nominated as a Senior Advocate by the Delhi High Court. He has participated in many International Law Conferences.
- Justice Vipin Sanghi was appointed as an Additional Judge of the Delhi High Court with effect from 29 May 2006 and as a Judge on 11 February 2008. Served as Acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court from March 13, 2022.