New ROBs will be Built at 63 Places in Bihar
- 22 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 21 March 2023, Bihar's Revenue, Land Reforms and Sugarcane Industry Minister Alok Mehta announced the construction of new Railway Over Bridges (ROBs) at 63 places in the state during the discussion on the income-expenditure for the financial year 2023-24.
- Minister Alok Mehta informed that an MoU will be signed between Bihar Rajya Pul Nirman Nigam Limited and Bihar State Road Development Corporation Limited for ROB.
- He informed that GAD approval and DPR are being prepared. At present, 47 out of the proposed ROBs of Railways have been approved by GAD. Out of this, Railways has given permission for 13 ROBs on DPR. In this sequence, ROB will be constructed between Dalsingh Sarai and Nasriganj in Samastipur Railway Division.
- On this occasion, Minister Alok Mehta announced new projects for 2023-24-
- 11.50 km Long Six Lane from JP Ganga Path from Digha to Sherpur - Rs 3100 crore.
- River front development and beautification on the way from Digha to AN Sinha - Rs.500 crore.
- 25.60 km Long Four Lane Green Field Scheme from Nursarai to Silav in the route of Karota-Telmar road - Rs 862 crore.
- Flood protection in Raghopur Diyara area and construction of internal roads in the area – Rs 1600 crore.
- Construction of Dengrahighat bridge over Koshi river - Rs.415 crore.