NCC Cadets Felicitated for Outstanding Performance at Republic Day Celebrations
- 04 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On February 3, 2023 during the Chief Minister's banner program organized in Bhopal for the NCC contingent of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan awarded the cadets of Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh NCC Directorate for their excellent performance in the 74th Republic Day camp organized in Delhi .
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan awarded the outstanding performing cadets under various categories. Among these, Ms. Khushi Mahawar, who got the first position was awarded Rs. with Rs 50,000, Ms. Ayushi Tiwari who got the second position was awarded with Rs 30,000 and Ms. Ishika Gurjar who got the third prize was awarded with Rs. 20,000.
- In this sequence, each cadet who took part in the National Republic Day was given an honor fund of Rs 5 thousand and each cadet involved in cultural programs was given an honor fund of Rs 1 thousand.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan honored Sanjoy Ghosh, Group Commander of NCC Headquarters, Bhopal with the Chief Minister's Banner.
- Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh NCC Directorate Additional Director General Major General AK Mahajan said that NCC started in 1948 is currently the world's largest uniformed youth organization. 55 thousand cadets will be included in Madhya Pradesh.
- He said that the team of Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh Directorate secured the eleventh position in the Parade of Delhi. 15 cadets from directorate, 5 cadets from National Guard of Honour and 2 cadets participated in PM rally in the parade on ‘Kartvya Path'. In equestrian, the directorate cadets won two silver and two bronze medals.
- In the Chief Minister's banner program, NCC cadets presented dance drama, flute playing and congratulatory dance on the life story of Rudra Shiv Tandav, Punya Shlok Maa Ahilya Bai Holkar.