Naval Valor Museum to be Built in Lucknow
- 23 Oct 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On October 21, 2023, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath performed Bhoomi Pujan and laid the foundation stone by pressing the button for the construction work of the Naval Valor Museum to be built at a cost of Rs 23 crore in CG City near Ekana Stadium in Lucknow.
- On this occasion, the children of Bhatkhande Sanskriti University presented the national anthem and the band of the Indian Navy.
- The legacy of INS Gomti will be housed in an open museum, where many of its combat systems will be displayed as military and war relics.
- INS Gomti strengthened the strategic posture of the Indian Navy by enhancing its capabilities for 34 years, while the ship, which was involved in Operations Cactus, Parakram and Rainbow, was decommissioned in May 2022.
- It is known that recently the Navy has also received its indigenous symbol.
- INS Gomti was named after the Gomti River and was commissioned into service at Mazagon Dock Limited, Bombay (now Mumbai) on 16 April 1988 by the then Defense Minister KC Pant.
- INS Gomti was the third ship of the Godavari class guided-missile frigates. It was also the oldest battlecruiser in the Western Fleet.