National Worm-Free Week
- 24 May 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, the National Worm-Free Week was launched by the Health Department across the state in a series of Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi. It will be organised till May 29.
- Under this campaign, children studying in Government schools, recognized schools, Anganwadi centres-play schools and enrolled and out of school will be fed free of cost the tablets of Albendazole to kill stomach worms.
- Under the campaign, all the children who will be deprived of taking medicines between May 23 and 26 will be given medicines from house to house from May 27 to 29.
- The Department of Health, Women and Child Development and The Department of Education will work together in coordination to make this programme a complete success.
- It is worth mentioning that at the national level, every 6 months, to improve the health of a child from one year to 19 years, a tablet of albendazole is fed by the health department to kill stomach worms, so that the child's health remains healthy.