National Teachers’ Award to Manoj Kumar Singh
Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic for CSE
- 06 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On the occasion of Teachers' Day (September 5, 2021) President Ram Nath Kovind honored Manoj Kumar Singh, a teacher of Hindustan Mitra Mandal School, Golmuri, with the National Teachers’ Award, 2021 through a virtual medium.
- Manoj Kumar Singh is the only recipient of this prestigious award from Jharkhand. He was given a medal, a certificate and Rs 50,000 in the award.
- Manoj Kumar Singh, originally from Gaya in Bihar, had prepared a mathematics book for JCERT for classes 1 to 8th and used to teach mathematics to children even after the school was closed during Covid.
- He is known for teaching complex mathematical concepts through innovative, practical and art-based pedagogy, mostly done outside the classroom. He also conducts online learning through his YouTube channel 'Creative Learning with Manoj'.
- He is also part of the e-content developer team of the Jharkhand Council of Education Research and Training (JCERT), which has created online content for maths during the pandemic through the DigiSchool app.
- It is noteworthy that instituted in 1958, the 'National Teachers’ Award' is given by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development on Teachers' Day every year to give public recognition to meritorious teachers of primary, secondary and higher secondary schools.
- The award carries a silver medal, certificate and Rs 50,000.