National Media Museum to be Built in Bhopal
- 25 Jul 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On July 24, 2023, In the General Council meeting of Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, it was informed that a National Media Museum will be established in Bhopal.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan approved the proposal to set up a central studio, Digital media lab, separate departments focused on cinema and Indian languages and Bharatmuni Research Chair in the university.
- In the general council meeting held after January 2018, the budget estimates, accounts and audit reports of the previous years were approved. Decisions were also taken on various managerial issues.
- It was informed in the meeting that the provisions of the National Education Policy have been implemented in Asia's first and the country's largest journalism and communication university. The university has been included in the top 10 educational institutions of the country by reputed magazines like India Today, The Week.
- The General Council gave ex-post facto approval for the implementation of the 7th pay scale for the teachers working in the university. Also, approval was given to pay arrears to all teachers on the basis of the 7th pay scale implemented on January 01, 2016.
- It also agreed on the regularization of contractual teachers. The General Council also approved raising the superannuation age from 60 to 62 years.
- The meeting also approved the establishment of Radio Karamveer in the new campus of the university at Bishan Khedi for practical training of students and discharge of social responsibilities. Also, the proposal for an increase of seats in research book writing, and PhD courses was also approved.
- It was informed in the meeting that the university had signed MoUs with the Consortium for Educational Communication, UN Population Fund, Mahatma Gandhi College of Communication Kozhikode Kerala, Media and Entertainment Skills Council, New Delhi and other universities and reputed institutions.