National Award for 'Bhulan the Maze'
- 27 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Recently, at the 67th National Film Awards ceremony, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the National Award to Chhattisgarh's film 'Bhulan The Maze'.
- This film has been made in Chhattisgarhi language by Manoj Verma, a well-known director of Chhattisgarhi cinema. Actor Omkar Das Manikpuri has worked in this. The music of the title song of this film is given by Kailash Kher.
- The film is based on the novel 'Bhulan Kanda', authored by Sanjeev Bakshi.
- 'Bhulan Kanda' is a plant found in the forests of Chhattisgarh, on which a person starts forgetting everything. He forgets the way, he starts wandering, during this time when another person comes and touches that person, then he comes to his senses again.
- These National Awards were announced by the then Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar on March 22, 2021. In this, the Chhattisgarhi dialect film 'Bhulan The Maze' was also nominated for the National Film Award.
- The name of 'Bhulan The Maze' has also become the record for the first film from Chhattisgarh to win the award at the international level. Under the new film policy, the Chhattisgarh government has also announced a grant of Rs 1 crore to the National Award winning film of Chhattisgarh.