Mukhyamantri Scooty Yojana
- 24 Aug 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On August 23, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan provided funds to 7 thousand 790 students who got first position in government high schools and higher secondary schools in Shahdol in the state level scooty distribution program in 2022-23 and to buy scooties. Launched 'Mukhyamantri Scooty Yojana'.
- As a symbol, the Chief Minister handed over the keys of scooty to six students of Shahdol division and gave offer letters to the trainees of 'Mukhyamantri Sikho Kamao Yojana'.
- It is noteworthy that Mukhyamantri Scooty Yojana' has been started to honor the toppers in class 12th. Through this scheme, the government will release funds to these students to buy scooty in their account. Every year 8 thousand students of the state will get its benefit.
- To get the benefit of this scheme, students will have to apply, in which they will also have to mention whether they want to buy an electric scooter or a petrol scooty. The government will give Rs 1 lakh 20 thousand for the electric scooty, while Rs 90 thousand will be released for the normal scooty.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that an airport would be constructed soon in Shahdol. This will accelerate industry establishment and investment in the region, which will create new employment opportunities.
- The Chief Minister also announced to make Shahdol a Municipal Corporation and start another college here.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also virtually inaugurated Asia's largest ISC certified sports climbing wall built at a cost of Rs 6 crore 43 lakh at Vicharpur sports complex.
- Along with this, Bhoomi Pujan of works worth Rs 96 crore 62 lakh was done and works worth Rs 6.43 crore were inaugurated.
- The Chief Minister also distributed benefits to the beneficiaries of Yuva Anna Doot Yojana, SSG Credit Linkage, Prime Minister Employment Generation, National Old Age Pension and Chief Minister Kalyani Pension Scheme.
- On this occasion, a short film focused on the sports facilities being provided at the school level in Shahdol district was screened.