Mukhyamantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- 31 Oct 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On October 30, 2023, the Uttarakhand government approved the launch of 'Mukhyamantri Matsya Sampada Yojana' to promote fisheries in the state.
- It may be noted that 'Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana' is operated by the Central Government. There is no incentive facility to fish farmers according to the hilly areas. In view of this, the state government has approved the launch of 'Mukhyamantri Matsya Sampada Yojana'.
- Under this scheme, fish farmers will get a subsidy of five percent in the interest rate on loans for the construction of ponds, raceways and other infrastructure for fish farming. The state government will give a discount of three percent as an additional interest rate, while two percent will be given from the central scheme.
- The duration of the Chief Minister's Matsya Sampada Yojana will be five years. In this, a target has been set to connect four thousand people with the fish farming business.
- In this scheme, women groups will be linked to fish farming. Also, women groups will get up to 50 percent subsidy for fish farming.
- On the lines of farmers, now fish farmers will also get insurance facility. Fish farmers will be given insurance of one lakh rupees. In this, 90 percent premium will be given by the state government. Trout fish seed will be prepared in the state itself.