Switch To Hindi
MP Transco Energized Railway Traction Feeder for Rail Operations in Katangi Area
- 03 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On February 2, 2023, MP Transco (Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company) has prepared a railway traction feeder for Southeast Central Railway for smooth operation of electricity to rail in Katangi area and this feeder and built at a cost of about 12 crores. The line was erected, inspected and tested and energized.
- Chief Engineer of Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company, Deepak Joshi said that Southeast Central Railway has commissioned a 132 KV train on the Balaghat-Katangi section. There was a demand for traction feeder. After completing all the formalities by the Railways, M.P. Transco succeeded in energizing this feeder and line by constructing it.
- He informed that Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company has provided power supply from total 47 towers to this 11.5 kilometer feeder from 132 KV substation Katangi to railway traction substation Katangi.
- With the commissioning of this traction feeder, one more power supply has now become available for the Balaghat-Katangi section of the railway.
- It is known that earlier 132 KV from MP Transco's 132 KV Lalbarra substation. Balaghat-Katangi section was operated through RTS feeder Samnapur.
- About 60 kilometer rail section of Balaghat-Katangi-Tirodi along with Balaghat will be benefitted by the construction of this RTS feeder. With this, the Railways will be able to get quality electricity continuously.