MoU Signing Ceremony
- 21 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to information received from the Rajasthan Information and Public Relations Department on January 20, 2023, under the Investment Rajasthan Campaign, the state government will organize a MoU signing ceremony in Jaipur on January 23 under the chairmanship of State Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot for an investment of about Rs 1.36 lakh crore .
- In the MoU signing ceremony, MoUs will be signed for 26 projects in the renewable energy and tourism sector, which will create about 13,000 direct and indirect jobs.
- Industries and Commerce Minister Shakuntala Rawat said that for the development of the state, the state government is committed to forge sustainable partnerships with investors. The Invest Rajasthan campaign is helping to collaborate with stakeholders and fulfill the promises made.
- Additional Chief Secretary of Industries and Commerce Department Veenu Gupta said that the industry has shown an encouraging trend towards the Investment Summit. This MoU signing ceremony will prove to be an effective step towards taking forward the commitments of the state government.
- It is noteworthy that the state government has taken one stop shop policy and sector specific policies such as NRR Policy 2022, Handicraft Policy 2022, MSME Policy 2022, Rajasthan Start-up Policy 2022, Rajasthan Film Tourism Promotion Policy 2022, Rajasthan Tourism Policy 2022, Rajasthan Tourism Policy with the aim of simplifying the process of setting up industries over the years. 2020, Rajasthan Agribusiness Policy 2019 etc. have been launched.