Memorial of Benipuri will be Built on the Banks of Bagmati Dam
- 21 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On December 20, 2022, Dr. Mahant Rajiv Ranjan Das said that the government has approved the proposal to build a memorial of Ram Vriksh Benipuri on the land allotted by the Bihar government on the banks of Bagmati dam.
- Dr. Mahant Rajiv Ranjan Das said that Rs 4.13 crore will be spent on the construction of Ram Vriksh Benipuri memorial to be built on the banks of Bagmati dam. There are 1.4 acres and 14 decimals of land allotted outside the Bagmati dam. His life-size statue will be installed in the memorial complex.
- He said that along with this memorial, construction of boundary wall, park, reading room and library and main gate is also proposed.
- It is known that Bihar Legislative Council Chairman Devesh Chandra Thakur was constantly making efforts for this memorial. With his efforts, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has approved the construction of the memorial.
- Ram Vriksh Benipuri was the father of the Muzaffarpur socialist movement, freedom fighter and eminent writer.
- It is noteworthy that the Bagmati River originates from Nepal in the Mahabharata ranges of the Himalayas. This river travels about 195 kilometers in Nepal and enters Sitamarhi district of Bihar in India. The total length of this river in Bihar is 394 kilometers. The total catchment area of this river in Nepal is 7884 square kilometers.