Maternity and Child Care Leave of Women Workers of Uttarakhand will be Calculated in MACPS
- 20 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On January 18, 2023, Uttarakhand Finance Secretary Dilip Jawalkar informed that their maternity leave and child care leave related to women workers of the state government will be calculated in the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS).
- Additional Chief Secretary (Chief Minister) Radha Raturi had written a letter to Additional Chief Secretary Finance Anand Bardhan requesting him to include the period of maternity leave and child care leave of women workers in the MACP system.
- Additional Chief Secretary Radha Raturi said that such cases of women workers working in many departments came to their notice, they could not get the benefit of ACP Scheme.
- He said that the minimum standard of annual confidential entry of five years is good for grant of MACP. However, due to non-calculation of external service period and external waiting period and various types of leave (except exceptional and unpaid leave) sanctioned by the competent officer, the benefit of ACP Scheme was not available.
- In the absence of annual confidential entry for a period of less than three months in a given year, that period was also not being taken into the calculation of MACP.
- According to the government order, workers will now be taken cognizance of the annual entries of five years prior to the date of grant of MACP if the annual confidential entry of a year has not been written due to a tenure of less than three months during a year. If the standard of good ACR is not being met even in that period, then the date of MACP will be extended further.