Madhya Pradesh in NITI Aayog Health Index 2021
- 28 Dec 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On December 27, 2021, government think tank NITI Aayog released the fourth edition of its health index for 2019-20, ranking states on the basis of overall health performance. In this, Madhya Pradesh is ranked 17th in terms of overall health performance among large states, while Kerala is at the top.
- The report was divided into three parts - large states, small states and union territories. Among the smaller states, Mizoram was the best performing state while Nagaland remained at the bottom.
- According to the NITI Aayog report, Chandigarh tops the Union Territories, followed by Dadra and Nagar Haveli at number two and Delhi at number three.
- In terms of overall health performance among large states, Madhya Pradesh ranks 17th out of 19 states with a score of 36.72. On the other hand, Kerala is ranked first with 82.20, Tamil Nadu is second with 72.42 and Telangana is third with 69.96.
- NITI Aayog's Health Index is a weighted composite score consisting of 24 indicators covering key aspects of health performance.