Madhya Pradesh in Good Governance Index, 2021
- 27 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On the occasion of Good Governance Day on December 25, 2021, the Good Governance Index was released by Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah, in which Madhya Pradesh has got the first rank in Group 'B'.
- In the GGI-2021, the ranking has been given by dividing the states and union territories into four categories - Group A, Group B, North Eastern and Hill States, Union Territories. 58 indicators from 10 sectors have been considered for preparing GGI-2021.
- Madhya Pradesh has secured first rank in Group 'B' with a score of 4.887 in the overall ranking of Good Governance Index, while Gujarat has secured first rank in Group 'A'.
- Madhya Pradesh has increased its score by 0.7 percent as compared to the previous index (2019). Last time its score was 4.85, which has now increased to 4.89.
- Madhya Pradesh has basically made reforms in the public infrastructure and utility sector and social welfare and development sector.
- The Good Governance Index is based on 10 sectors, in which the ranking and score of Madhya Pradesh are as follows-
|Sectors||Madhya Pradesh Ranking||Score|
|1. Agriculture and Allied Sectors||1st||0.652|
|2. Commerce and Industry Sector||4th||0.646|
|3. Human Resource Development Sector||8th||0.380|
|4. Public Health Sector||7th||0.185|
|5. Public Infrastructure and Utility Sectors||2nd||0.662|
|6. Economic Governance Sector||2nd||0.477|
|7. Social Welfare and Development||2nd||0.666|
|8. Judicial and Public Security||5th||0.282|
|9. Environmental Sector||6th||0.308|
|10. Citizen Centric Governance||5th||0.627|