Switch To Hindi
Lakhpati Mahila Karyakram
- 14 Nov 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- According to media information on November 13, 2022, the Uttar Pradesh government is going to start 'Lakhpati Mahila Karyakram' to make the women of the state financially more capable, through which 15 lakh women will be made millionaires in the first three years.
- Such efforts will be made in the state through 'Lakhpati Mahila Karyakram' so that the annual family income of women can be reached more than one lakh rupees. Its responsibility has been entrusted to the Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission and a presentation has been made to Chief Secretary Durgashankar Mishra regarding the outline of this program, which is planned to be implemented in mission mode and the results will be achieved soon.
- In the first phase of 'Lakhpati Mahila Karyakram', it will be launched in 11 districts, including Aligarh, Sultanpur, Bahraich, Banda, Basti, Lakhimpur Kheri, Mirzapur, besides Varanasi and Prayagraj. Hamirpur and Sonbhadra are included. In these districts, women of self-help groups will be identified by conducting a campaign in a phased manner and efforts will be made to increase the annual income by linking them with various types of schemes. Apart from this, they will also be given training in various government schemes.
- A time frame has also been set to ensure that the programme reaches its conclusion at the earliest. Under this, task forces will be formed at the district and development block level. By November 15 , task forces will be formed at the district and development block level and it will be reviewed after March 30.
- The Task Force will be headed by the District Magistrate at the district level, while the Chief Development Officer will be the Secretary. Deputy Commissioner Self Employment, Deputy Commissioner MGNREGA will be its member. Apart from this, members of Agriculture Development, Horticulture, Panchayati Raj, Women and Child Development, Social Welfare, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry will also be involved in this task force.
- The work progress of this task force will have to be reviewed monthly. The task of the task force will be to upload the self-declared income of all self-help group members of the development block on the Lakhpati Mahila App and review the implementation of private and collective livelihood promotion schemes included in MNREGA.