Kagal Government Upper Primary School in Jodhpur now upgraded to Higher Secondary School
- 29 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On December 28, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a proposal to upgrade the Government Upper Primary School in Kagal Pipar town, gram panchayat of Jodhpur district, into a Government Higher Secondary School.
- With this approval of the Chief Minister, students of the gram panchayat Kagal as well as the surrounding villages, especially girl students, will not have to go to Ratkudiya or Bhundana village far away from the village for higher education.
- It is worth mentioning that due to the continuous efforts of the state government, there has been a qualitative improvement in the level of education in government schools of the state. As a result, the enrolment of children in the age group of 6-14 years in government schools in the state has increased by about 20 per cent as compared to the year 2018.
- Keeping in mind the need to continuously upgrade government schools, the Gehlot government had announced in the budget for the year 2022-23 to upgrade all 3,820 secondary schools in the state to senior secondary schools.
- Apart from this, for the strengthening and development of basic education in rural and remote areas of the state, it was also announced to upgrade primary schools located at gram panchayat headquarters to upper primary schools and upper primary schools directly to senior secondary schools as per the standards set by the Education Department and as required.