Judge Ravi Malimath
- 18 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On September 17, 2021, the Supreme Court Collegium recommended the transfer of Justice Ravi Malimath, acting Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh, to the Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- The Supreme Court collegium has recommended the transfer of Chief Justices of 8 states and several other judges of the country.
- The current Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court, Mohammad Rafiq, has been made the Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
- Prior to this, Justice Ravi Malimath has been the Acting Chief Justice of Uttarakhand from July 28, 2020 to January 6, 2021 and the Judge of Himachal Pradesh High Court from January 7, 2021 to June 30, 2021.
- Born on May 25, 1962, Justice Ravi Malimath practiced as an advocate from January 28, 1987 in Karnataka High Court, Madras High Court and Supreme Court for 20 years in civil, criminal, constitutional, labour, company, service matters etc. They are considered constitutional experts.
- He was appointed as Additional Judge of Karnataka High Court on February 18, 2008 and as Permanent Judge on February 17, 2010.
- He will retire on May 24, 2024.