Jharkhand Foundation Day
- 16 Nov 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
On November 15, 2021, the 21st State Foundation Day was celebrated in Jharkhand. The birth anniversary of Lord Birsa Munda is also celebrated on this day.
- The state of Jharkhand was created on 15 November 2000 by bifurcating the southern part of Bihar.
- Jharkhand, located in the north eastern part of India, is also called 'Jungle of Forest' or 'Bushland'.
- On this occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the people of Jharkhand and online inaugurated the Bhagwan Birsa Munda Memorial Udyan cum Freedom Fighter Museum in Ranchi.
- On this occasion, in the program organized at Project Bhawan, three eminent personalities of Jharkhand who were honored with Panshree and the descendants of Lord Birsa Munda were honored.
- Along with the Universal Pension Scheme, 'Sahay Yojana' was launched to connect youth and girls in Naxal-affected districts of Khunti, West Singhbhum, Gumla, Seraikela and Simdega.
- Apart from this, the second phase of 'Poolon Jhanno Ashirwad Abhiyan' was launched, a new web portal related to Panch Navjeevan Sakhi Didis was inaugurated.
- Chief Minister Hemant Soren also launched the program 'Aapke Adhikar, Aapki Sarkar, Aapke Dwar' in Khunti district and launched the app related to it.