Interactive Digital e-flip Book and Flash Card Game Box Launched
- 17 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On March 15, 2023, Haryana's School Education Minister Kanwar Pal released the interactive digital e-flip book and flash card game box prepared by National Innovative Teacher Awardee Dr. Vijay Kumar Chawla to develop math skills.
- School Education Minister Kanwarpal said that the digital e-flip book and flash card game kit would prove to be a milestone in developing basic numeracy skills.
- Kanwar Pal said that in today's modern digital age, gamification technology is one of the best techniques to develop the basic understanding and proficiency of students in numeracy and related concepts under 'Skilled India Mission'.
- He informed that 32 games have been included in the digital interactive e-flip book of digital and offline mathematics games to develop basic understanding and skills related to numerical knowledge among the students.
- Students will be able to self-assess various competencies such as basic literacy and numeracy objectives - addition, subtraction, division and multiplication - through digital and offline games.
- Education Minister informed that the digital and offline games in the interactive digital e-flip book and flash card box have been developed keeping in mind the needs of differently abled students. All these games will prove to be beneficial for students with attention disorders.
- To play these games, students have to click on the link of the given game or scan the QR code. Students can easily acquire basic understanding and skills of numeracy and related concepts by playing these games.
- He informed that very soon interactive digital e-flip book and flash card kit of digital and offline games will be made available to teachers and students as free open educational resource through the website of SCERT, Gurugram.