Integrated Check Post (ICP) Land port
- 21 Nov 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On November 20, 2022, Satyendra Kumar, DM of Maharajganj district of Uttar Pradesh, said that the Integrated Check Post (ICP) landport will be built on the 120-acre campus on the lines of the airport at Sonauli, the international exit point of the Buddhist circuit of Maharajganj.
- Satyendra Kumar said that the land acquisition work for the land port has been completed. The construction work of The Chahardawari is underway. Soon after the foundation stone, according to the DPR, the executing body will build the land port.
- The Integrated Check post coming up near the Sonauli border is an important exit point of the Buddhist circuit. It is close to Lumbini, the birthplace of Gautam Buddha and a popular Buddhist tourist hub. This land port will be developed on the basis of the criteria of making passengers and tourists coming from abroad feel the state-of-the-art facilities in Sonauli.
- After construction, offices of intelligence agencies including customs, SSB, police immigration will remain in the same campus. This will facilitate investigation and speed up trade with Nepal.
- Terminal building in land port, Nepal and India side parking / bus terminal, hotel, inspection shed customs, warehouse for import and export, building for import and export in railway terminal, truck parking, pylon, maintenance shed, helipad, Quarantine blocks, isolation blocks, watch towers and petrol bunks etc. will be constructed.
- In 2004, the Indian government had approved the construction of an integrated check post at the Sonauli border in Indo-Nepal.