Switch To Hindi
An Increase of One Thousand Rupees in the Incentive Amount of Mangal Parties in the Youth Festival
- 05 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On January 4, 2023, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated a three-day state-level youth festival organized at parade ground in Dehradun and announced an increase of Rs 1,000 in the incentive amount of youth and women mangal teams of the state.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that on January 12, the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, Youth Day will be celebrated at the state and district level. Such festivals work to advance our culture and traditions.
- He informed that the selected participants of this state level youth festival will participate in the national level youth festival at Dharwad, Karnataka on January 12. Along with this, as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand, he will keep the culture here in front of the whole country.
- On this occasion, Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Rekha Arya said that many programs related to folk songs, folk dances and our cultural traditions will be presented at the state level youth festival.
- Jitendra Sonkar, director of the state sports and youth welfare department, said that the benefit of increasing the incentive amount will benefit about 7,000 members of mangal dal. Now these parties will be given an incentive of 5,000 rupees per year instead of four.
- In this program, the Chief Minister honored the State level Vivekananda Youth Award for the excellent work done in 2021-22 by Yuvak and Mahila Mangal Dal’s. Yuvak Mangal Dal Mankatiya development block Moonakot Pithoragarh got the first prize, Yuvak Mangal Dal Dhura Nandanagar development block Ghat Chamoli second and Yuvak Mangal Dal Kheda jat development block Narsan Haridwar got the third prize.
- Apart from this, Mahila Mangal Dal Nandanagar development block Ghat Chamoli got first prize, Mahila Mangal Dal Kismila development block Kapkot Bageshwar got second and Mahila Mangal Dal Barowala development block Doiwala and Mahila Mangal Dal Hasanpur development block Bhagwanpur jointly got third prize.
- Under this, the first, second and third place teams were given an amount of one lakh, 50 thousand and 25 thousand rupees respectively.
- It is known that Mangal Dal plays an important role in the development of the society. They take the schemes of the government door-to-door and inspire people to take advantage of them. Apart from this, these parties also encourage people for education and self-employment. Also, they play an excellent role in keeping our culture and traditions alive.