Inauguration of Indira Rasoi Yojana (Rural)
- 11 Sep 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On September 10, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Priyanka Gandhi met former Prime Minister Late from Jhilaya located in Niwai in Tonk district. Under the 'Indira Rasoi Yojana (Rural)' brought in the name of Indira Gandhi, 400 rural Indira Rasoi were started in the entire state.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that due to the opening of Indira Rasoi near public, religious, commercial places and slums in the cities, labourer’s, students and working people are getting nutritious food for just Rs 8.
- To realize the concept of 'No one should sleep hungry', the state government has expanded Indira Rasoi in rural areas. Today, under the Indira Rasoi Yojana (Rural), 400 rural Indira Rasoi have been launched in the entire state. By September 25, their number will be increased to 1000.
- It is known that after the successful operation of about 1000 Indira Rasoi in the urban bodies of the state, the Chief Minister had announced in the budget 2023-24 to start 1000 kitchens in rural areas also in view of their utility. In this scheme, a target has been set to serve about 7 crore 30 lakh food plates to the needy in rural areas from 1000 kitchens in a year.
- Till now, more than 13 crore plates of nutritious and tasty food have been served to the common people from about 1000 Indira Rasoi in urban areas. Food can also be sponsored by Bhamashahs under Indira Rasoi Yojana.
- Through Indira Rasoi Yojana operated in urban areas, poor and needy people are getting nutritious food with respect in a convenient environment for just Rs 8. All sections of people including students and workers are getting the benefit of this scheme. In this era of inflation, it is proving to be a boon for the students and employees coming from outside and every needy person.