Inauguration of 'CM Free Annapurna Food Packet Scheme'
- 16 Aug 2023
- 2 min read
Why is News?
On August 15, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the 'Chief Minister Free Annapurna Food Packet Scheme' in the state on the auspicious occasion of Independence Day at a program organized at Birla Auditorium in Jaipur and also released the poster of the scheme.
- Under this scheme, free Annapurna food packets will be distributed every month to more than 1.04 crore families in the state.
- In order to fulfill the resolution that no one sleeps hungry in the state, 1 kg of chana dal, sugar & iodized salt, one litre of soybean refined edible oil, 100-100 grams of chilli powder & coriander powder and 50 grams of turmeric powder will be available free of cost in this Annapurna food packet to be distributed through POS machines.
- It is known that due to the government of India fixing the limit of maximum beneficiaries in the National Food Security Scheme (NFSA), many needy families are deprived of its benefits. During the Covid pandemic, about 32 lakh NFSA and non-NFSA families were given financial assistance of Rs 5500 after conducting a survey of destitute families.
- The Chief Minister said that non-NFSA families who were given financial assistance in Covid will also be provided free ration kits in the Annapurna Ration Kit Scheme.
- He has also urged the Central Government that instead of extending the period of ration distribution by 6-6 months, it should be implemented regularly.
- The commission received by ration dealers on distribution of Annapurna food packets has been increased from Rs 4 to Rs 10 per packet.
- At the same time, the Chief Minister announced to give commission to ration dealers in the state on the basis of telescopic rate and no fee will be charged from ration dealers without pos machines.