- 18 May 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- On May 17, 2022, Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar informed that 'Maruti' is setting up its third plant in Haryana. For this, MSIL has purchased 800 acres of land at IMT Kharkhauda.
- It is worth mentioning that 'Maruti' has continuously expanded its manufacturing facilities in Haryana by setting up another manufacturing facility in Manesar and a state-of-the-art R&D centre at Rohtak after setting up its first car plant in Gurgaon (now Gurugram) in 1983.
- IMT Kharkhauda is an integrated industrial township with world-class infrastructure at Sonepat, which is being developed over an area of about 3,217 acres.
- It is strategically located on the Delhi-Haryana border along the Western Peripheral (Kundli-Manesar-Palwal) Expressway and State Highway-18.
- It is one of the industrial model townships developed/being developed by Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited.
- An industrial estate developed above 1500 acres of area at a particular location is defined as an industrial model township (IMT).